Please be assured that I am taking this matter very seriously and will not undertake any commission unless we are all 100% sure it's as safe as it possibly can be and as such I will be following these guidelines and ask you to take a moment to read them.If you have any further questions or suggestions regarding this matter please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Coronavirus / Covid-19 Preparedness Statement
Portrait photography requires teamwork and interaction with the sitter on a photoshoot, this statement examines risks and mitigations to make sure everyone who may be affected is aware of the issues and the precautions being taken.
1. Personal Assessment – I am not in an ‘at risk’ category and remain fit and healthy (any changes to this will be notified to the client immediately).
2. Transport to site – I am driving to shoots where possible and have avoided public transport since the beginning of lockdown in the UK.
3. PPE – I will be wearing a face covering and gloves at all times when shooting inside and when necessary outside. Using hand sanitizer frequently during the course of a shoot and wearing freshly laundered clothes.
4. Before the shoot – Sanitizing equipment with Isopropyl Alcohol the day before, packing and storing it in a zipped case so it can be considered uncontaminated on the shoot.
5. During the shoot procedures-
– PPE & hand sanitizing guidelines will be observed and I will maintain Social Distancing of 2m from others wherever possible and ensure others are also observing PPE guidelines.
– Camera – I will not be putting it down at any time, except into its case.
– To ensure good ventilation of the working area I will endeavour to open windows wherever possible.
6. End of Shoot procedures-
– Decontaminate any surfaces / objects if touched.
– Decontaminate tripod / equipment before packing.
– Dispose of gloves & masks into sealed bags.
– Use hand sanitizer.
This is all in line with the Association of Photographers Coronavirus Guidance which can be found in detail here.
UK Government guidelines
The UK Government has said to carry on with business (but work at home where possible - but Commercial Photography cannot, on the whole, be produced at home).
Additionally, the UK Government have stated: "With the exception of organisations covered above [note: this refers to pubs, restaurants, etc. in the section of closing certain businesses and venues], the government has not required any other business to close - indeed it is important for business to carry on." Source.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE), a governmental organisation state: "Keep your business open. With the exception of some non-essential shops and public venues, we are not asking any other business to close - indeed it is important for business to carry on." Source.